[thelist] Protecting sender's email addy

Jon Hall jonhall at ozline.net
Tue Mar 13 20:31:45 CST 2001

As hard as it is to believe GTE actually blocks port 25 at their routers!
You cannot use any other smtp server. For the short time I was with them, I
set up an smtp server on a non-standard port on my work machine to get by
this.
I asked them why they do this before I cancelled. The words that came out of
the ladies mouth were.
"We monitor your email"
That is an exact quote.

You can imagine what I said next ;-)