[thelist] Homesite: search and replace involving invisible characters

Shirley Kaiser, SKDesigns skaiser at skdesigns.com
Wed Mar 14 14:26:34 CST 2001

Lise,

Ah, I missed the part about the break tags.

1. With a document open, highlight the text for which you want to insert
the <br> tags. (I'd also suggest turning off word wrapping and making sure
that your lines start and end exactly where you want the breaks)

2. With that text highlighted, right click with your mouse. A pop-out box
will appear. About 2/3 of the way down you'll see "Selection."

3. Click on Selection --> Add Line Breaks

4. Tada! You've just added line breaks everywhere.

Also, check out the pop-out box. It automates all kinds of fun things --
many little tricks hidden away there --
it will do the tags for an ordered list, an unordered list,
it will strip out tags,
make the tags upper or lower case,
insert the date and time
.... and more.....