[thelist] Browser parsing

Mark Fletcher mark.fletcher at vtco.com
Thu Mar 15 09:53:13 CST 2001

Robin Hasting wrote:

> In linguistics, to divide language into small components that can be
> analyzed. For example, parsing this sentence would involve dividing it
into
> words and phrases and identifying the type of each component (e.g., verb,
> adjective, or noun).

Okay so by small components I guess you mean markup elements and CSS. Any
ideas on how the parser decides which bits get divided up into small
components. Also once the code has been divided and parsed does the browsers
rendering engine then kick in and present the information on screen? or does
it wait until the whole page has been parsed?

Many thanks

Mark