[thelist] Friday freebie - Removing Internet Explorer with IEradicator

George Dillon evolt at georgedillon.com
Thu Mar 15 21:29:33 CST 2001

Having just eliminated IE5 from my 2nd (test) PC and reinstalled IE4,
chortling to myself in the wee small hours, I just had to share this...

<tip type="Freeware to Uninstall Internet Explorer (from Windows)">

http://www.98lite.net/ieradicator.html

As they say on their site:

"IEradicator is a tiny, 50K ASCII script that uses the Windows setup engine
to surgically remove Internet Explorer versions 3 through 5.5 from Windows
95, Windows 98, Windows 98 Second Edition and Windows Millennium...

IEradicator is also great for clearing the dross away before upgrading to a
newer version of Internet Explorer"

And in the doc:

"The removal process eliminates 99% of Internet Explorer's files and
registry keys to clear approximately 30MB of disk space. The remaining 1% is
left behind to maintain compatibility with programs that use the MS HTML
layout engine (e.g. Outlook Express)...

After an IEradicator removal you have a clean foundation onto which you can
install a more recent version or IE and the result is likely to be a
smoother install and more stable final product when compared to an upgrade
installation.

Severe problems and Operating system Crashes can be solved by removing IE
with IERadicator and then reinstalling IE again (if thats your choice) from
the source files."

</tip>

HTH

George Dillon