[thelist] Response Object Perversity....

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Fri Mar 16 19:38:53 CST 2001

Ok....I'm confused.

I want to set some cookie info and then re-direct to another page. But
according the MS, once you set the Response.Redirect, it ignores all
Response.Cookie data created prior.

Here's what I would do in Perl....

print "Content-type: text/html\n";
print "Set-Cookie: blah blah blah blah\n;
print "Location: http://www.blahblahblah.org\n\n";

Here's what I'm trying to do with ASP....

<%
     Response.Cookies("Test") = "Success"
     Response.Cookies("Test").Domain = ".blahblahblah.org"
     Response.Cookies("Test").Expires = (Now()+1)
     Response.AddHeader "Location", "/dir/next_file.asp" & vbCRLF & vbCRLF
%>

Clues? Pointers and solutions graciously accepted.
---
Anthony Baratta
President
Keyboard Jockeys