[thelist] Web Design Books or Magazines

deke web at master.gen.in.us
Sat Mar 17 17:54:49 CST 2001

On 17 Mar 2001, at 10:55, Marcia wrote:

> I first want to thank you all for sending me links to
> web sites to learn from :) I would like to ask one
> more question(I promise last one). I am new to web
> design and was wondering what some of your favorite
> books and magazines are in regards to web design?  I
> appreciate all of your help.  Take care

The longer you are involved in web design, the more involved
you get with "back end" issues. The more involved you get
with "back end" issues, the more you want books published
by O'Reilly & Associates.

I don't know how they do it, but their books are uniformly good.
The authors are experts on the subject, but the books read like
they were written by someone who is an expert in writing. They
are organized, easy to follow, and have superior indexing, so you
can find stuff later when you need it.

When I grow up, I'm going to build a room in my house that's solid
bookshelves, and will automatically buy every title as O'Reilly
publishes it. Of course, my wife doubts I am ever going to grow up....

deke

--------
I got this powdered water.
Now I don't know what to add.