[thelist] Business practices and Anti-Trust

zac zac at pixelgeek.com
Sun Mar 18 18:31:59 CST 2001

>> This fallacy keeps cropping up and I keep wondering why as its total
>> rubbish. Please check your facts before you continue to propagate this
> type
>> of nonsense.
>
> Illegal Business Practices
> http://www.ftc.gov/bc/compguide/illegal.htm

And the specific section we should look at it?

> HORIZONTAL PRICE-FIXING IN CYBERSPACE
> http://www.ftc.gov/speeches/other/confbd4.htm

This seems to specifically addressing retail organisations (and more
specifically parallel pricing). How is this applicable?

> The case law and decree you were looking for:

> Council of Fashion Designers of America
> http://www.ftc.gov/opa/1995/9506/cdfa.htm

I fail to se how that case has any bearing whatsoever on a situation similar
to this list.

In particular, the case refers to the activities of the members of the CFDA,
doesn't mention anything similar to a public mailing list nor deal with a
group of people that are only affiliated in the broadest sense in that they
do a similar type of work

At least make an attempt to try and find a pertinent case.

--

There is no "I" in team

But there is an "M" and an "E"

       email: zac at pixelgeek.com