[thelist] Business practices and Anti-Trust

genghis at members.evolt.org genghis at members.evolt.org
Mon Mar 19 06:36:30 CST 2001

WHOA.  Calm down.

I'm not getting involved in your US-related discussion,
but antitrust is

a) Not so hysterically enforced outside the US (where it
seems that antitrust activity is somewhere in the vicinity
of child abuse in severity, an attitude which the rest
of the world finds downright bizarre), and

b) Not something one can be extradited for.  Ever.  Which
is why the entire world outside the US allows the diamond
industry to operate.

I'm all for rational discussion (of course!), but this one
just left the realm of sanity and into wild and uninformed
speculation, which helps no-one, including

* The original poster, who IIRC is not a US citizen
* The vast number of non-US citizens on the list who
  view this stuff with not a small amount of ennui...

... until you tread on our toes with it. :-)

John Handelaar

T +44 20 7209 4117       M +44 7930 681789
F +44 870 169 7657   E john at userfrenzy.com