[thelist] Web Design Books or Magazines

Daniel Medley danielmedley at lgcy.com
Mon Mar 19 19:01:21 CST 2001

Since you are just starting out perhaps one  or all of these books would be
useful.

Using HTML 4 Sixth Edition by Molly E. Holzschlag is a good one although
maybe a bit dated now. I hear that she has a new one of the same title
except it's XHTML. That may be a better choice of the two.

Also, HTML & XHTML : The Definitive Guide by Chuck Musciano and Bill Kennedy
is a good book as are all the O'Reilly books. Another good O'Reilly book to
have would be Cascading Style Sheets : The Definitive Guide.

Hip Pocket Guide to Html 4.01 is also a good reference, tag lookup book.

I am new to this web/html stuff  myself and the above books have helped me a
lot.  In fact if you went out and bought everyone of these and went to work,
you would learn a ton-o-stuff in a hurry.

As an aside for the rest of the list, do you think it would be best for us
newbies to start out with  XHTML? I know that the differences are subtle but
in my way of thinking it would be. May as well try to pick up good habits
from the get go.  Of course I could be wrong. Just wondering.