[thelist] resizing in browswer

Simon Coggins ppxsjc1 at unix.ccc.nottingham.ac.uk
Tue Mar 20 12:03:54 CST 2001

> I found it a bit disconcerting that there was no horizontal scroll bar on
> this page so I could see the awesome photos on the right side with my
> browser window set at the width I *normally* use when surfing...
> Had to spend that extra 1/10th of a calorie to open my window to my full
> 1024 width for get the full effect.
>
> > Fixed Width Tables:
> > http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/astronomy/

My aim with this design was to fix the way the content displayed inside
the left-hand columns then let the image fill any white space that will
appear on bigger monitors.

I figured that the image isn't essential so if you couldn't see it, it
wasn't that important. I'm a bit concerned that you found it disconcerting
- that wasn't my intention! Did it upset anyone else?

Simon