[thelist] [mod_perl/Apache::DBI] undefined symbol:

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Tue Mar 20 12:47:19 CST 2001

At 09:06 AM 3/20/2001, you wrote:
>What about DynaLoader and DBI?  You compiled them yourself and they
>didn't throw any warnings at all?  The modules will likely compile
>even if they throw warnings about the shared libraries not working.
>Also, when you compiled Apache (I think), it will try to do something
>intelligent for shared library handling, make sure that the
>configuration it picks is appropriate for your platform.

The version of DynaLoader that CPAN thinks is up todate came with my
version of Perl that I compiled myself. The DBI stuff was compiled by hand
and via CPAN. I'll redo DBI and look for errors.

The line in the httpd.conf that its complaining about is:

         PerlModule Apache::DBI

The error again is:

Syntax error on line 1226 of /web/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
Can't load '/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/i686-linux/auto/DBI/DBI.so'
for module DBI: /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/i686-linux/auto/DBI/DBI.so:
undefined symbol: PL_dowarn at
/usr/lib/perl5/5.00502/i686-linux/DynaLoader.pm line 168.

It looks like DynaLoader is failing on a some library. Not sure if its C or
Perl.

I've run htoph, but might have missed a directory. Do you have an idea
where I should look for the c header files to run the converter against?
----
Anthony Baratta
President
Keyboard Jockeys