[thelist] tabs or compressing dictionary lists

Jonathon Isaac Swiderski jonathon.swiderski at oberlin.edu
Tue Mar 20 19:56:51 CST 2001

> (http://members.evolt.org/jswiders/index.php?id=catcharl)

After a bit of thought about what I was trying to accomplish with this
page (and it's newborn baby brother,
[http://members.evolt.org/jswiders/index.php?id=elcentro]), I decided to
take James and Rudy's suggestion and go to tables, as well as to a 3-step
header structure (h1, h2, text).  I also took Rudy's suggestion to go to
xhtml. (just this minute -- after having problems with validating the
thing, it took until just now trying to explain what the validators were
choking on -- uppercase LINK and META tags -- to realise what was wrong.
all better now.)

so, in sum, thanks to rudy and james aylard for their suggestions, and if
you're ever need some community service hours in Lorain County, OH. . . .
[http://members.evolt.org/jswiders/].

one last question. . . php didn't like the <?xml ...?> declaration that's
supposed to go at the beginning of xhtml docs. . . nothing seems to mind
its removal, but i was wondering if anyone else has had to deal with this
and how. . . . ?

                   "Wherever there's somebody fightin' for a place to stand
Jonathon Isaac Swiderski                    Or decent job or a helpin' hand
jswiders at oberlin.edu              Wherever somebody's strugglin' to be free
135 W Lorain St OCMR 2678            Look in their eyes Mom you'll see me."
Oberlin OH 44074               - Bruce Springsteen, "The Ghost of Tom Joad"