[thelist] Calling onSubmit from within a script

Ben Dyer ben_dyer at imaginuity.com
Wed Mar 21 08:55:52 CST 2001

Aha,

Try using the attribute onsubmit versus onSubmit (note the
case-sensitivity).  XHTML does support JavaScript functions, but all XML
attributes must be all lowercase letters.

<tip>
Remember, XHTML supports JavaScript event attributes, but you have to use
lowercase letters or the document will not validate:

   onsubmit
   onclick
   onload
   onfocus
   onblur
   onmouseover
   onmouseout

   etc.
</tip>

--Ben

>that's what I'm doing right now - sorry for being unclear. I'm wondering
>why this wouldn't validate as xhtml - there is no attribute "onSubmit" for
>the form element. So I figured I might be able to call the onSubmit from
>within the javascript part..

Ben Dyer
Senior Internet Developer
Imaginuity Interactive