[thelist] Basic CGI questions; LONG POST

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Thu Mar 22 16:36:44 CST 2001

At 02:08 PM 3/22/2001, you wrote:

>How do I know if MS SQL is available? Something else to look for on my
>server? And... are there online resources for ready-made ASP scripts (like
>javascript.com, only for ASP), and, generally speaking, how do you evaluate
>the reliability and other factors of a third-party script before you buy it
>(I assume you have to *buy* it...)?  For that matter, what factors are
>important when evaluating a third-party script?

If you have control of the server, your admin should know. If its a virtual
host, your ISP "might" offer MS SQL as an add-on with additional cost.

I agree with Scott, there are more than several competent coders (codettes)
to program ASP for you hanging around these parts.

----
Anthony Baratta
President
Keyboard Jockeys