[thelist] Clients up dating their site, no response

evolt evolt at stoutstreet.com
Fri Mar 23 00:05:04 CST 2001

Lisa,
There are several solutions for CMS which might be viable....even a
'home-grown' set of forms to allow uploading of files or edit-in-place of
actual pages. If the update is something like downloadable files, simply
have the upload form they would use enforce a naming convention for the
files to be uploaded (as one example). If you are looking to hire someone,
it seems to me you would want a programmer to create a form to upload files
to a folder on the server, possibly send an email confirming the upload to
you or the client, and it should also (perhaps) dynamically generate the url
based on the uploaded file/path. This can be made easier by the use of a
database as well, but it isn't entirely necessary.
    If I can be of any further assistance, please let me know.

        patrick