[thelist] Need help with the .htacess problem, anyone in the san jose area interested in a short project?

Daniel J. Cody djc at starkmedia.com
Fri Mar 23 16:54:20 CST 2001

Hola,

Are you saying you want your have your .html files be parsed just like
the .shtml ones are?(so you can stick SSI's and stuff in .html files and
still have them work, right?).. If so, you can just add

AddHandler server-parsed .html

into your httpd.conf file, or your .htaccess file if the server is so
configured. There is a slight performance hit on that though, cus apache
has to check every file that comes through it for SSI's and stuff.. but
if you're not a high-traffic server, it shouldn't be a big issue..

Shout if you have more questions :)

.djc.