[thelist] builtin CF variables

Raymond Camden rcamden at allaire.com
Mon Mar 26 07:20:28 CST 2001

> i know HTTP_USER_AGENT works, and i thought PATH_INFO did too -- at least,
> it used to work, but maybe that was cf 4.0

CGI variables are more dependant on the web server then CF. I believe CF
sets two CGI vars, like templatepath and something else, but in general,
they come from the web server and browser.

> there was a page in the 4.0 docs that listed these variables, but i can't
> find anything similar in the 4.5 docs

<CFLOOP ITEM="key" COLLECTION="#CGI#">
	<CFOUTPUT>CGI.#KEY# = #CGI[Key]#<BR></CFOUTPUT>
</CFLOOP>

> if you know of any other stuff besides the cgi variables, that would help
> too -- e.g. RecordCount, which tells you how many rows a query
> returned, or
> Form.FieldNames, which is a builtin comma-delimited list that i think i
> want to start using now

One off the top of my head, CFQUERY.ExecutionTime. Do NOT replace CFQUERY
with the query name, really type CFQUERY. Obviously this will only refer to
the _last_ query.

> also, where is onRequesEnd documented?  i only heard about this one today,
> apparently it's the same as application.cfm except it gets invoked at the
> end of the page

/CFDOCS/Developing_Web_Applications_with_ColdFusion/12_Using_the_Application
_Framework/dwa12_03.htm

> i do have a cf studio cd somewhere, so if you happen to know that this
> stuff is built into studio somewhere, please let me know -- i
> don't plan to
> switch from my current editor, but i can fire up studio if it has
> this type
> of useful info

The Studio Docs should match CF docs.

Raymond Camden, Principal Spectra Compliance Engineer for Macromedia

Email   : jedimaster at allaire.com
ICQ UIN : 3679482