[thelist] UK e-commerce regulations

genghis at members.evolt.org genghis at members.evolt.org
Tue Mar 27 04:19:14 CST 2001

Access permitted through the Office of the Information
Commissioner (formerly Data Protection Registrar) on payment
of a 'reasonable' admin charge.  Incorrect information (only)
must be deleted at subject's request.

>   - have a "cooling of" period in which they can undo their orders? (if so
>   how long?)

Nah.

>   - what else? return policies?

Sale of Goods Act 1990 gives statutory right of return and
refund for defective items.  Good business sense would
reqiure you offer more than the law requires, for reasons
of getting good word-of-mouth.

jh

Who appears to know more law than he thought.  Old
journalists never die...

John Handelaar

T +44 20 7209 4117       M +44 7930 681789
F +44 870 169 7657   E john at userfrenzy.com