[thelist] stupid OSX questions

Patrick Berry pberry at piratehaven.org
Tue Mar 27 22:45:31 CST 2001

>>> Erika Meyer had the thought that... <<<

> This is a pretty different OS, right... so will I be screwed when I
> want to use Photoshop, BBEdit, Flash, etc?

Adobe has gone public with some of the small problems that you will
encounter when running their apps in Classic.  Check them out here:

http://www.macintouch.com/adobemosx.html

I haven't heard of any problems with BBEdit for Flash...but as others
have already mentioned you will need to have a 9.1 install anyways, so
if you do have problems with X you boot into 9.1 and go about your
business.  I would say go with X since it's like getting two for the
price of one.  You might even like it ;-)

I've installed it on a blue and white G3 in our test lab and
everything went along just fine.  Of course since it is only a test
machine we don't have any of the production type apps on it.

Pat
--
I can please only one person per day.  Today is not your day.
Tomorrow isn't looking good either.  -- Dogbert