[thelist] text links

Comharsa comharsa at clara.net
Wed Mar 28 01:25:01 CST 2001

At 01:17 AM 28/3/01, jami mccabe found time to write:
>  Soon as I put it into a web, I get some underlined links, not all, and
> some a color that isn't specified anywhere. Has anyone had this problem
> -am I doing something really DUMB?? Help Please! I was supposed to have
> this site up this week... Thanks!

The order that you put them in is important. From the W3C:

"Note that the A:hover must be placed after the A:link and A:visited rules,
since otherwise the cascading rules will hide the 'color' property of the
A:hover rule. Similarly, because A:active is placed after A:hover, the
active color (lime) will apply when the user both activates and hovers over
the A element."
(http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/selector.html#link-pseudo-classes)

So try putting them in this order:

a:link