[thelist] Dynamic Maps

Dean Mah dsmah at home.com
Wed Mar 28 12:41:51 CST 2001

Using Perl, GD, and DBI you can take a static map and then update it
dynamically from the data within the database.  It's pretty simple.
(I did a similar thing, without using zip code, in a couple hours for
my former employer.)  You usually have to keep the maps static and
hardcode or come up with an algorithm for where to plot the
co-ordinates.  But if you are doing this by hand already, it should be
no problem to come up with plotting co-ordinates.

Dean