[thelist] SSL: port 80 to 443 redirects

Herrick, Emma eherric at ju.edu
Wed Mar 28 15:05:42 CST 2001

Scott,

May I ask how you're doing redirects? Are you using .htaccess?

I tried putting an .htaccess file in my web directory with the following:
Redirect test.html https://my.domain.com/test.html

but it didn't work. Looking in the redhat documentation I'm supposed to have
an AccessFileName directive in my httpd.conf file which specifies to use
.htaccess for access control but that stanza (AccessFileName) doesn't exist.
Any ideas? I didn't want to mess around too much with the config. file
before I solicited advice!

Emma