[thelist] PS 5.0 Snap to Guide

Tommy Martin tommy at vertebrate.co.uk
Thu Mar 29 06:18:43 CST 2001

>PhotoShop 5 (on my computer) used to snap to guides when drawing marquees,
>lines, etc.  Anymore, they don't seem to.  How do I turn that back on?

Not exactly the same problem, but it just reminded me of a really
annoying 'improvement' in PS6:

<tip type="PS6 and snapping to guides">

In the old days (PS5) command-semicolon (;) used to toggle guides on
and off. In PS6 command--apostrophe (') toggles guides on and off and
the familiar command-semicolon now toggles 'snap to guides' on and
off.

A useful thing for habitual shortcut-users to be aware of when
they're wondering why PS6 appears to keep turning snap off and/or
those damn guides won't go away...

</tip>

Tommy

--