[thelist] PS 6.0 Guide Weirdness (Was PS 5.0 Snap to Guide)

Ben Dyer ben_dyer at imaginuity.com
Thu Mar 29 09:05:24 CST 2001

And in a related question, has anybody else had problems with getting PS6
to accurately snap to the guides?  I've been cutting apart images and I'll
look closely and sometimes, the selection will have snapped to one pixel
off to the left.  Has anyone else realized this, this is a very odd
problem.  The same situation always worked fine in PS5.  Is there a fix for
this?

--Ben

At 06:18 AM 3/29/01, you wrote:
>>PhotoShop 5 (on my computer) used to snap to guides when drawing marquees,
>>lines, etc.  Anymore, they don't seem to.  How do I turn that back on?
>
>Not exactly the same problem, but it just reminded me of a really annoying
>'improvement' in PS6:
>
><tip type="PS6 and snapping to guides">
>
>In the old days (PS5) command-semicolon (;) used to toggle guides on and
>off. In PS6 command--apostrophe (') toggles guides on and off and the
>familiar command-semicolon now toggles 'snap to guides' on and off.
>
>A useful thing for habitual shortcut-users to be aware of when they're
>wondering why PS6 appears to keep turning snap off and/or those damn
>guides won't go away...
>
></tip>

Ben Dyer
Senior Internet Developer