[thelist] CSS Question

James Aylard evolt at equilon-mrc.com
Thu Mar 29 11:34:30 CST 2001

Janice,

> I am curious if there is any way to use CSS (or any other means) to
generate
> curved and/or dotted lines like the sample clip at the following:
>
> http://averra.com/mstest/client/test2.html

    No, there is not. Dashed lines are supported, but many browsers (up to
and including IE 5.5) do not implement a dashed line style. Curved corners
are not supported at all (although this was/is part of a CSS proposal). Your
best bet is gif images -- one for the corner, and one each for the
horizontal and vertical lines.
    You could make the horizontal and vertical lines just a single dash
each, and place them as a CSS background in colspanned and rowspanned tds
with the background-repeat property set to repeat-x or repeat-y. But that is
probably more trouble than it is worth.

James Aylard