[thelist] 98lite (was IE 6.0 beta)

George Dillon evolt at georgedillon.com
Thu Mar 29 13:15:15 CST 2001

> So, who has tried this little gem?  I'm looking at pairing down a machine
> using the 98lite Professional available at the same site for multimedia
> content creation for my clients.  It's a not a dog machine but it could
> use all the help it can get.
>
> ><tip type="Get rid of IE">
> >Here's a freeware program that will totally uninstall IE version 3
> >through 5.5.  You can then install a clean build over it.
> >http://www.98lite.net/ieradicator.html
> ></tip>

Having tried both 98lite and ieradicator I'd say be a tad cautious.

Both seem to work, but on an old 486 I found a basic Win95 worked much
better than Win98 litened, and an over ambitious use of ieradicator lost me
everything on the hard drive.  (see
http://www.georgedillon.com/web/freeware.shtml#ierad for details).

FYI.  Nice though it is to see my tip of 16th being recycled,
ieradicator does NOT *totally* uninstall IE... it leaves some
'essential' bits so you don't disable everything that relies on the IE
engine, like er... Windows.

HTH

George Dillon