[thelist] setting up a faux-server environment

Adrian Simmons listjunkie at simmo.plus.com
Fri Mar 30 16:21:37 CST 2001

>Is it possible to set up a directory on my Mac to mimic a server environment?
Well, with Mac OS X this is certainly possibly, you can have all the
server software running just as you would on the 'real world' web
server. Apache, PHP, Perl.......it would probably help if you had
some unix / linux experience, but If you can code HTML etc you can
probably handle getting everything set up.

Apache actually comes with OS X. As for everything else try asking on
the 'OS X for users' list at:
http://themacintoshguy.com/lists/

I can't afford OS X just now, but it looks very useful from the web
design viewpoint.

Hope this helps.

--
Adrian