[thelist] php/mysql output to browser questions...

Ray Hill lists at prydain.com
Sat Mar 31 03:03:03 CST 2001

> I guess I was trying to do it 'more right' by avoiding
> the use of nested tables in the re-do. Seems like I read
> somewhere that nesting tables is to be avoided...but crap,
> trying to build a table that complex from PHP output is a
> little beyond my ability at this point.

Well, if you nest tables ten or twelve levels deep, sure, you might run into problems.  And old versions of Netscape sometime tweak a bit dealing with background colors on nested tables.  But since you're just using the tables for positioning and it's only two levels deep, it shouldn't be a problem.

And doing it the easy way actually is "more right" since the content will be correctly grouped together when viewed in a text-only browser.  This is best issustrated, I think, in the following article:

Inside the evolt.org Rebuild: The HTML and CSS
http://www.evolt.org/article/Inside_the_evolt_org_Rebuild_The_HTML_and_CSS/20/5816/index.html

--ray