[thelist] DSN/DSN-Less & Cold Fusion/ASP Hosting

Scott Brady dsbrady at scottbrady.net
Sat Mar 31 14:19:08 CST 2001

If you're not going to be running a business on this site (or even a small
business is probably ok, too), I'd say Access is fine.  It's not a great
database system, but if SQL Server is more expensive (as it usually is),
then it's not really worth it, unless you need the robustness.

I've had good experiences with http://www.crystaltech.com/ and they're
pretty cheap (not $10/month, but $20/month), but you do get a lot of
features (including a pretty good amount of web-based control over your
site). And you don't have to pay to re-sell / host other sites (they give
you a per-site discount with hosting more sites).  You also get unlimited
DSN's.  Aside from that, the host you were looking at looks pretty decent
with a cursory glance.  But, I really know nothing about them.

Scott