[thelist] Server aliasing problem with IE 3 + NT 4?

Meredith Tupper meredith at pintsize.com
Sat Mar 31 19:57:23 CST 2001

Andrew Forsberg wrote:

> Does this mean IE 3.0 has no real grip on HTTP headers or whatever it
> is that the server uses to redirect domain names to directories on
> their machines? I would have thought that all that kind of thing
> would be based *entirely* in the server software itself, and that it
> wouldn't rely on any particular browser knowing anything at all. But
> I know jack about this sort of thing...

I second you on the not knowing jack but as I recall, the earliest IE 3.0
had some similar problem, which was corrected by the 3.02 version.  I
believe Netscape 2.0 had the same issue.  Or I could be hitting the crack
pipe while I type this reply, you never know.  I'm hoping aardvark or
another keeper of arcane browser lore will be able to clarify the matter.

Meredith

--
PintSize Graphics & Web Hosting, Inc.
http://www.pintsize.com