[thelist] what do you use to create code from layout?

Tobyn Baugher trb at cartoonviolence.net
Sun Apr 1 19:02:00 CDT 2001

On Sun, Apr 01, 2001 at 07:41:40PM -0400, ted serbinski wrote:
> simply when you design a site and layout in your favorite graphics program
> (say fireworks or photoshop) ... what tools do you use to transform this
> layout into code that you can fix and than tweak?

I use Dreamweaver 4 UltraDev to translate my Macromedia Fireworks (which
is my most useful tool) graphics into HTML. It's not exactly foolproof
and it still takes a long time, but it's more fun than actually writing
all the code. I still get to get my hands dirty, but they get dirty
actually tweaking things as opposed to writing <TABLE BORDER="0"... 400
times.

> i thought dreamweaver might be a useful tool, but after trying it, it seems
> it is not as useful as originally thought.

Unfortunately, if there's a magic bullet to take your designs created in
a free-form tool like Fireworks or Photoshop and turn it into
structured, expandable/flexible HTML quickly and easily I haven't found
it through all my extensive searching.

If you find a tool that can do it, please share :).

--
Tobyn "trb" Baugher <trb at cartoonviolence.net>
http://www.cartoonviolence.net