[thelist] Test for quicktime? - Go with Dreamweaver!

Martin Kuplens-Ewart martin at graphicist.com
Sun Apr 1 23:07:15 CDT 2001

From: "Matthew Fischer" <mfischer at e-fishsolutions.com>
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2001 12:01 AM

> Dreamweaver has a script that lets you test for a plug-in, including
Quicktime, and go to a different URL if >the plug-in is found
(optional) or not found. I can modify that script to have it
document.write the link, but >I'm more curious about what the best
test is to see if the browser can actually handle the file.

As much as it hurts to say, the DW way is probably the
best/easiest/most productive path to take.Ya know what they say... if
it ain't broken, don't mess with it... if it works.. use it...

...i mean, you could always make it really elegant and use CSS...
hehe... have the javascript set the class display element to visible
or whatnot... rather than using document.write. :P

good luck making the call, tho. :)

-martin