[thelist] java syntax for strings

Norman Bunn norman.bunn at craftedsolutions.com
Mon Apr 2 10:27:00 CDT 2001

Which reminds me of another tip...

<tip type=tag names>
Do not use dots/decimals/periods in tag names, as it makes it impossible to
reference them in Javascript when using "document.formname.tagname"
convention.
</tip>

This bit me when I was adding Javascript-based form validation to a form
created from a perl program that labeled the tags item.1, item.2, etc.

Norman
www.craftedsolutions.com

> This reminds me of something (only slightly) similar.
>
> <tip type="For newbies">
> Be very careful in Dreamweaver when copying and pasting form
> elements around.  DW has a nasty habit of appending numbers
> to the end of your field names, whether they're duplicates or
> not.  Still does it in v4.
> </tip>

> John Handelaar
://lists.evolt.org Workers of the Web, evolt !