[thelist] Northpoint???? (Chicago)

Michael Roberto mjr at linkzero.com
Mon Apr 2 11:29:10 CDT 2001

Sandy,
	If you are in Chicago, they may have Northpoint service
through RCN EnterAct(21stCentury Cable & Telecom).  I used to work
there and recently spoke with a friend who is still there, and we
spoke specifically about this.  He said that EnterAct was working
on finding a solution for their customers, so that may be something
that you might want to look into, to see what the ISP is proactively
doing to bring this service back on.
	I also read this article via Slashdot,
http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=01/03/31/2058204&mode=thread
Via the Mercury News in SF
http://www0.mercurycenter.com/breaking/docs/aa28699.htm
	That the California Public Utilities Commission has ordered
Northpoint to relight their network and provide all California
customers service for 30 days. The intent being to allow them time to
migrate to a new service in an orderly manner.

	Who knows what the outcome will be though.

Mike

Michael Roberto
< LinkZero >
<e> mjr at linkzero.com