[thelist] I'll bet this has been asked before

david braun david.braun at centralnet.ch
Tue Apr 3 09:41:56 CDT 2001

On 03.04.2001 at 13:08 Uhr, stef at nota-bene.org (s t e f) wrote:

> [sender: H. G. Quinn || date: 01:38 03/04/2001 -0400]
> >I'm sure someone knows the real skinny on this.  It just appears to me that
> >NN is saying, "Well I have a bg image, and that's more important than the
> >inner table's bg color, so I'll only resolve and display the bg image."   So
> >you get rid of the inner table, and set up the bg image rows the same way
> >you did the white spacer cell rows, and it will work.
>
> And why not use CSS and be standards-compliant all the way?
>
> That way you won't have those kinds of conflicts.

Netscape's table-background_image-handling is as buggy as can be.

You possibly ended up with 2 tables, both rendering the background
image, although you did _not_ give the inner Table any
Background-Images. (Thats the bug).

Solution: Throw it into a css-class and, very important, tell NetScape
to NOT render a background in the inner table, like:

.outertable{
    background-image:url(img/border/bg_document.gif);}
TD{
    background-image:none;}

this should get it to work as expected...

hth

david
"we don't see that we don't see what we can't see" (H. v. Foerster)

david braun  |  david.braun at centralnet.ch  |  icq 105127124