[thelist] Dreamweaver 4.0 sign-in/sign-out feature

John Dowdell jdowdell at macromedia.com
Tue Apr 3 13:20:41 CDT 2001

At 10:46 AM 4/3/1, Mark Gregor wrote:
> It creates a duplicate .lck file for *every* file on the site,
> which can get to be a mess.

If you're checking out all files, then there is indeed a locking file for each.

In such a situation, however -- where one person has editing privileges on
all files -- then file-checking may not be needed.

> It doesn't automatically check out a file when it's opened.

It sounds like they're all checked out already. If this is a different site
or situation, though, then be sure file-checking is enabled in that copy.

jd