[thelist] I'll bet this has been asked before

david braun david.braun at centralnet.ch
Tue Apr 3 13:35:16 CDT 2001

On 03.04.2001 at 10:05 Uhr, jen at meadoworks.com (Jen Worden) wrote:

> >When rendering in Netscape 4.x, the dark blue solid field is missing and
> >the text just shows up on top of the table background .gif. Is there a
> >reason for this? Is there a documented, easy, compatible way to get
> >around it and still create the same effect? Preferably without nesting
> >more tables :P?
>

> Put background="" in the  BGCOLOR cell.
>
> ie.     <TD BGCOLOR="#003366" BACKGROUND="" CLASS="footer">
>
> cfn ... Jen

This will cause Netscape on a mac to render a white, ca 32 by 32 px box
at the topleft of every cell containing this. I did this before, and it
wasn't ok. the only clean solution wich I know of is to set it up in the
css. Passes validation and doesn't seem to have any side-effects...

hth

david
"we don't see that we don't see what we can't see" (H. v. Foerster)

david braun  |  david.braun at centralnet.ch  |  icq 105127124