[thelist] HTML problems

John Eckman eckman at liquidsquid.com
Tue Apr 3 16:19:14 CDT 2001

At 05:04 PM 4/3/01, Marc Seyon <seyon at carib-link.net> wrote:

>Others, are there any knowns issue with the way IE moves between anchors on
>the same page?

One possible issue is that the anchors are empty. What happens if you put
something between the open and close anchor tags? Even a non-breaking space
would be ok.

I don't know if it causes this particular issue, but I recall some other
issues with empty anchors within pages on IE 5.x

FWIW, the provided example did NOT work on my machine (IE 5.0 on NT 4).

John Eckman                     "It'd be a hell of a lot cheaper
www.liquidsquid.com             to just suck on a penny"