[thelist] CF: syntactically valid variables?

Raymond Camden jedimaster at macromedia.com
Fri Apr 6 09:29:13 CDT 2001

Well, certainly ATTRIBUTES.E6_HL_C/CCNOADD is not a valid variable name
because of the /. To test to see if a string can be a variable, simply do:

<CFTRY>
	<CFPARAM NAME="Test" DEFAULT="#valToTest#" TYPE="variableName">
	<CFCATCH>
		Yo, #valToTest# is not a valid variable name. You stink!
	</CFCATCH>
</CFTRY>

Raymond Camden, Principal Spectra Compliance Engineer for Macromedia

Email   : jedimaster at macromedia.com
ICQ UIN : 3679482