[thelist] What's in a name?

Rebekah Murphy bekah at nightvisions.com
Fri Apr 6 11:33:08 CDT 2001

C    nt-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

Peter wrote:
> I've seen many very good domains listed in
> sigs through lurking
> on the list, many very colorful and descriptive.  But
> does anyone have a
> specific convention for choosing the name that's right
> for them or is it
> just or miss?

Well, I originally wanted "Night Sky" but both
nightsky.com and nightskydesigns.com were taken. Then
my husband said "What about Night Visions? You know,
like dreams." It was available so I registered it. Last
fall I registered it with the city of Boston so I can
use NightVisions.com on business stuf instead of my
name. And last week I got EIN, so I don't need to
give strangers my SS#.

So, my advice is think of things you like, and get a
bunch of friends together to brainstorm. Have a web
browser handy to check URL availability, and alcohol
might help in some cases :)

-Bekah
-
http://NightVisions.com *** Web Design and Renovation