Opera 5 oddness (was: [thelist] dumb browser question)

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 9 11:23:49 CDT 2001

> From: "Johannah Hubal" <johannah at hubal.com>
>
> Hmmm. I have found that almost all of my sites looks like hell on
> Opera. =) Does it have a problem with gifs? Or with spacer gifs? I
> have to design for 4.0+ browsers, so I have to use a lot of hacks and
> can't use CSS as much as I'd like.

huh?  almost all of my sites look perfectly fine in Opera (you did
say 5)... it has no problems with .gif images...

and if you're designing for 4.x browser exclusively, can i assume
you're using DHTML stuff?

otherwise, you shouldn't need to use too many hacks, and you can
still use CSS all you want....

evolt.org is an example of that... all compliant code, lots of CSS,
still works on older browsers, works great in Opera...

what Opera does not dig is non-standard HTML and browser-
specific hacks...