[thelist] Need suggested Site Mapping software

Megan Holbrook meganwh at mediaone.net
Tue Apr 10 09:01:45 CDT 2001

This may or may not be exactly what you're looking for (it's Windows
only), but we've found it useful from time to time when evaluating the
size and scope of an existing site - there's a 30-day evaluation copy
available at http://www.electrum.co.uk/products.htm:

PowerMapper 2.01
PowerMapper Standard allows web masters to simply create graphical maps
of their web sites. PowerMapper Professional adds industrial-strength
facilities for mapping and managing large corporate and commercial web
sites.

PowerMapper helps webmasters develop and manage web sites with powerful
features for:
Mapping - create maps of any site on the World Wide Web
Rapid Navigation - users can reach any page on your site by a single
click, without having to download any plug-ins or viewers
Customization - modify maps to match your needs
Validation - find pages with invalid HTML or broken links
Visualization - check consistency of site structure and graphic design
from one simple view

PowerMapper requires Windows 95 or NT 4.0 and a copy of Internet
Explorer 3.0 or later (although maps can be viewed in any browser).

M.