[thelist] Ultradev FTP weirdness

Bart Posselt BPOSSELT at dineout.org
Tue Apr 10 10:22:56 CDT 2001

A few days ago when I was uploading files using Ultradev's FTP client, it started creating weird directories on the server that had no business being there. The directories are empty and they don't show up in the Ultradev FTP client. The files are stored in their proper location, but the unexpected new directories are rapidly adding up. A new one is generated each day I upload something.

The trigger seems to be when I was given a new FTP username and password to login.

Anyone experience or hear of something similar? Any tips to get it to stop? Macromedia's Tecnotes don't help.

Bart