[thelist] Need suggestions on site redirection. (fwd)

djc at members.evolt.org djc at members.evolt.org
Thu Apr 12 09:26:30 CDT 2001

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 22:14:44 -0400
From: "[iso-8859-1] Stéphane Gosselin" <stef at cfusions.com>
To: thelist-admin-lists.evolt.org <thelist-admin at lists.evolt.org>
Subject: Need suggestions on site redirection.

<tip> For more control on your bullets or list elements ,ever  consider
using a table and placing you <li> tag in seperate cells?
</tip>

Hi friends. Enjoying the list a lot, even thought myself up a tip in
gratitude to whatever suggestions may abound.

Ok. I have a customer with a peculiar prob.. wich is now MY prob. May I
share? hehe

Yeah. The site in question has over 100 indexed keywords, quite a few of
them have good listings too exept.....all the links on the search engine
points to pages that don t exist anymore. Now. The links are quite easy to
pick out, I should have no trouble screening them with the linkcheck
reports I have, BUT. The solution to a quickfix? I don t want to make a
'fake' web-page for each link with a redirect in each one.
I'd like a more professional solution. Basically, anyone know of a one ( or
few) file solution, easy to maintain, as gatewaypages will be added to the
site to correct this at long term. We have access to all the basic (
open-source) tools, php mysql, linux. Java - perl cgi or SSI.
Is there anything that can redirect those urls BEFORE the server gives out
a 404? Thanks.

Stéphane Gosselin
stef at cfusions.com
1 (450) 778-0759
www.cfusions.com
CFusions - Développement Internet Avant-Gardiste