[thelist] Can't get CSS to work

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 13 00:37:26 CDT 2001

> From: "Chris Evans" <chris at fuseware.com>
[...]
> In Netscape 4.7, the text is centered, but the table is left
> justified. Obviously something buggy in NS4.7.  What is the best way
> to work around this, without resorting to using <center> tags in the
> text?

no need to use <center>... don't forget, you're already using
uptight about handling your alignment via CSS...

just use a <td align="center">... NN's gonna give you problems
with text-align anyway...

now, if you dumped tables for layout, that's another thing...

also, using <div>s just center stuff is kinda lame... you're just
adding another non-structural tag for layout purposes... use the
ones you've got, there's no need for a <div>...

maybe it's me, but somehow i can create some incredibly complex
layouts with nary a <span> or <div>... tables are more powerful
than you think, and support for their attributes is far better than
support for CSS right now...