[thelist] Message Board Suggestions.. (premade) CGI, Perl, Python, ASP (again)

Tony Page zamba at zamba.com
Sun Apr 15 22:52:23 CDT 2001

Charles,
Check out Anyboard from netbula.com (it's Perl). Maybe a bit OTT for your
friend, but very configurable, inbuilt chat, membership, auto mail of
password, etc. even on the free version. Interesting data structure, too.
I've used it a few of times, both free and licensed, and once you get the
hang of the admin you can do virtually anything with it and it's got a hell
of a lot of features. Drawback: they're more into programming etc than
service! Otherwise, YABB for free on Unix or SNITZ (mentioned before I
think) on NT. Both of these have a live community taking an interest in mods
and programming.
Regards,
Tony Page
       [ZambaGrafix]