[thelist] large numbers of secure directories and client uploads: the best option?

Peter Van Dijck peter at vardus.com
Mon Apr 16 04:47:29 CDT 2001

Whatever solution you choose,
If I were you I would write a thorough disclaimer, explaining about server
security holes, software security and how you can never ever guarantee 100%
security on the net, and have them sign that off saying they take all
responsibility in case of compromised security (and have it reviewed by a
laywer). If a patient's details are compromised somehow you can be in major
legal trouble, seriously, even when it's not your fault (e.g. they didn't
change their passwords for years and left it on a post-it note on their
computer).
Good luck,
Peter