[thelist] netscape and gif's

Charles F. Johnson charles at littlegreenfootballs.com
Mon Apr 16 08:51:11 CDT 2001

Alastair Murdoch <alastair at mtbtuned.freeserve.co.uk> typed:

> Not the usual background image problem, but has anyone has problems with
> netscape not displaying gif images as cell backgrounds, but displaying
> .jpg's no problem at all??  This has happened a few times to me and I'm not
> quite sure why.  I usually export gif's from fireworks, am I missing
> something in the export options or are there any special requirements for
> gif images??

This sounds like the "too small" problem. (No wisecracks from the peanut
gallery, please.) Some versions of Netscape will not display GIF background
images if they aren't large enough -- meaning pixel size, not file size. I
had some images that would not display at a size of 8x12 pixels, but when I
made them 128x128 -- no problem.

charles johnson
lgf web design
http://littlegreenfootballs.com