[fwd] RE: [thelist] Weird line spacing in IE

nate nate at vicksburgcollective.com
Mon Apr 16 14:14:31 CDT 2001

This message was held by thelist software and
is being manually forwarded by a list admin.
Please remember to send emails in plain-text
format only, or they will not reach thelist
until it is later forwarded by a list admin.

hey rf,

you're probably using stylesheets, right? with a span or div?? i don't
remember the /exact/ fix, but it has to do with the closing span or div
being on the same line of code as the last line of your text/copy... try
putting a double br before you close the span... or maybe it's just white
space between the end of your text and the close of the span. sure, it's
not
supposed to matter, but it's either too much or too little in this case.
it's annoying, but some combination of these things should fix it...

another possible way is to not use spans around the text at all. just
define
"td" or even "body" in your stylesheet.

hope this helps. it's annoying, but not /too/ hard to fix...

(apologies if i was too presumptous, and this doesn't address your
problem...)

best,
nate

From: thelist-admin at lists.evolt.org
[mailto:thelist-admin at lists.evolt.org]On Behalf Of Ryan Finley

This one has been bothering me for awhile...

I've noticed in the IE browser, an entire paragraph or page of text will
appear fine...except for the very last line.  The last line has extra
space
(leading) above.

I haven't found the trick to eliminating this...Can anyone help?