[thelist] Case sensitivity of URLs

Lee Stewart LeeStewart at bigfoot.com
Mon Apr 16 22:49:46 CDT 2001

Joe Crawford wrote:

> > Of course, Mac and Windows servers don't care. :-\
> Unfortunately. I had some issues with porting a project from Win2K to UNIX
> while ago because of this.

I had some issues with the wrong slashes for directories when using Flash.

<tip type="Flash Slash">

When making Flash on a Mac and having the tool creating the HTML, make sure
the HTML has the proper slashes.

bad:
 <EMBED src="content\cool_stuff.swf" loop=false quality=high
bgcolor=#FFFFFF...

good:
 <EMBED src="content/cool_stuff.swf" loop=false quality=high
bgcolor=#FFFFFF...

When the Flash plug-in asks for the file, some web servers can't find it
(like Apache on Unix).

</tip>

Sorry I don't know the details about versions, etc...

Lee Stewart       StripedCow Technology Group, Inc.
                           advanced web development